© 2014 Kebba Buckley Button. World Rights Reserved.
We are now in Day 38 of the 64 days of the Season for NonViolence, or SNV. Each day we consider a quality, usually an aspect of our personal beingness, which affects the circle of those around us in positive ways. As the ripples of our personal BE-ing and behavior spread outward throughout our community, the positivity multiplies and is imitated by others. Goodness begets goodness. Today we are considering the quality of KINDNESS. What if everyone were kind to you, all day, in every store and every segment of traffic, for 2 weeks? Would you be more relaxed? Would you automatically be kind and gentle with others more often? You can see how kindness-to-you would multiply. Now what if you were one of those being very kind to others, in every situation? Your ripples would spread out with far-reaching results, also.
Anne Herbert is an American writer who is credited with coining the phrase, “[P]ractice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty,” as an antidote to the common expression, “random acts of violence and senseless acts of cruelty.” Herbert served as staff for CoEvolution Quarterly and also Whole Earth Review. Her blog, which began in 2005, can be found at: http://peaceandloveandnoticingthedetails.blogspot.com/ .
Here is AGNT’s contemplation for SNV Day 38:
DAY 38 Mar. 8: The thought for today is KINDNESS. Every day we hear of random and senseless acts of violence. By participating in the counter-revolution of kindness started by Anne Herbert you are contributing to a culture of nonviolence.
“Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty.”
“My religion is kindness”
-The Dalai Lama
Today: I will do something kind for someone for no reason other than to be kind. I will bring beauty to a place where it may be needed without letting anyone know that I was the one who did it. I will write about how it felt and then share this story with someone.
● Kebba Buckley Button is the author of the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition). It’s a book to keep with you constantly, to quickly recharge your Peace Within, with quotes, photos, and poems that take you directly there! Kebba is a corporate stress management trainer, and she also has a holistic healing practice.
● Liked this article? Why not buy Kebba’s books? Just click the links!
- Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition) (http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc)
- Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br).
● Enjoyed this post? Please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
● Please leave a comment!