© 2014 Kebba Buckley Button. World Rights Reserved.
Do you dream of a peaceful world? But do you think there is nothing you can contribute to that vision? Then here is great news for you. There are actually simple ways you can contribute your thoughts, your prayers, and even your actions toward the creation of that peaceful world. Here is one great program to consider.
The Season for NonViolence (SNV) was originated 16 years ago by the Association for Global New Thought (AGNT). The SNV runs for 64 days each year, from January 30th, the anniversary of Mahatma Ghandi’s death, to April 4th, the anniversary of the assassination of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. The SNV was created as a grassroots education and demonstration program committed to showing and growing nonviolence as a powerful way to heal, transform, and empower our lives and our communities. For this year, the 17th year, the Dalai Lama has also lent his name and stature to the campaign.
Each day during the SNV, I will be posting the thought for the day from AGNT. I will also be expanding on the meanings of the Season. Here is AGNT’s Day 1 meditation:
DAY 1 Jan. 30: The thought for today is COURAGE.
“I can shake off everything if I write; my sorrows disappear, my courage is reborn.”
When you discover that everyone is contained in you and you are contained in everyone, you have realized the unity of life, which is the divine ground of existence. Then you are not just a person; you have become a beneficial force. Wherever you go, wherever you live, those around you will benefit from your life. Even one unassuming man or woman in a community has the courage to lead a nonviolent life, she will make her contribution, and she will slowly inspire others to make the same contribution, because human nature responds to such an example.
When we can say, “Whatever comes, we will not be afraid because the divine Self is within us,” then this resoluteness and faith will enable us to work free from tension, agitation, and fear of defeat. The person who works in this way is at peace, because he or she is not anxious about results.
Today: I will light a candle to symbolize my commitment to accept the courage to practice 64 Ways of living nonviolently.
● Kebba Buckley Button is the author of the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition). Keep this book with you constantly, to quickly recharge your Peace Within, with quotes, photos, and poems that take you directly there! Kebba is a corporate stress management trainer, and she also has a holistic healing practice.
● Liked this blog? Why not buy Kebba’s books? Just click the links!
- Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition)( http://perfectboundmarketing.gostorego.com/authors/kebba-buckley-button.html)
- Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br). ● Enjoyed this post? Please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
● Your comments are welcome!
● Reach the writer at firstname.lastname@example.org .