© 2014 Kebba Buckley Button. World Rights Reserved.
Slow down for a minute or two. Come to a stop if you can. Now take 2 minutes and imagine how you would like the world to be. If you could wave your magic wand and change some things, what would you change? How would people treat each other? How would countries interact with each other? Martin Luther King, Jr. gave a speech in which he talked about having a dream (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/martin-luther-kings-speech-dream-full-text/story?id=14358231). Among other things, he said he had a dream “that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: ‘We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal.’ “
So be as abstract, concrete, general, or specific as you like, as you journal to yourself about your dreams, for this country and for the Planet. Having a dream will change you. Having a dream may change your choices and actions. Moving toward a peaceful world: are you in?
Here is the AGNT meditation for Day 9 of the Season for NonViolence (SNV):
DAY 9 Feb. 7: The thought for today is DREAMING. Martin Luther King, Jr., had a great dream. Follow your dream; follow your heart; follow your inner light.
We need men (and women) who can dream of things that never were, and ask why not. –George Bernard Shaw
There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask, ‘Why?’ I dream of things that never were, and ask ‘Why not?’–Robert F Kennedy
Today: I take ownership of my own dream for peace and nonviolence. I will write down and act on at least one thing to honor my dream today.
● Kebba Buckley Button is the author of the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition). Keep this book with you constantly, to quickly recharge your Peace Within, with quotes, photos, and poems that take you directly there! Kebba is a corporate stress management trainer, and she also has a holistic healing practice.
● Liked this blog? Why not buy Kebba’s books? Just click the links!
- Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition)( http://perfectboundmarketing.gostorego.com/authors/kebba-buckley-button.html)
- Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br).
● Enjoyed this post? Please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
● Your comments are welcome!
● Reach the writer at email@example.com .