© 2014 Kebba Buckley Button. World Rights Reserved.
The 64 days of the Season for NonViolence, or SNV, are a time each year for us to develop our inner skills, so we can “be the peace we want to see”. The 64 days span the time between the memorial anniversaries of Mahatma Ghandi and Martin Luther King. Both men were deeply committed to the fact that we can choose our thoughts, and the fact that what we choose is all-important. Whatever we deliberately hold in our minds, whatever we fill our consciousness with, determines how we feel and what we experience. Our thought choices then affect everyone we interact with. The Apostle Paul urged us:
“Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things.” –Philippians 4:8
DAY 11 Feb. 9: The thought for today is CONTEMPLATION. For at least three minutes, relax, breathe, and let your mind be fed by whatsoever is good and beautiful. Many sacred texts tell us some variation of ‘your thoughts shape your reality’.
“The ultimate value of life depends upon awareness and the power of contemplation rather than upon mere survival.” –Aristotle
Today: I take a moment to relax, breathe and let my mind be fed by what is good and beautiful. As I think, so I am! I will write down my thoughts and share them with others.
● Kebba Buckley Button is the author of the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition). Keep this book with you constantly, to quickly recharge your Peace Within, with quotes, photos, and poems that take you directly there! Kebba is a corporate stress management trainer, and she also has a holistic healing practice.
● Liked this blog? Why not buy Kebba’s books? Just click the links!
- Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition)(http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc )
- Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br).
● Enjoyed this post? Please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
● Your comments are welcome!
● Reach the writer at email@example.com .