© 2014 Kebba Buckley Button. World Rights Reserved.
On this 12th day of the SNV, we get in touch with our groundedness. A simple way to feel grounded is to become aware of your feet, and exhale through your feet into the Earth. Then feel your stress energy drain down into the Earth. Don’t worry—the Earth can take an unlimited amount of stress energy and simply absorb it.
Here is AGNT’s meditation for this day:
DAY 12 Feb. 10: The thought for today is GROUNDEDNESS. Gandhi said “To forget how to dig the earth and tend the soil is to forget ourselves.” Black Elk reminds us “Some little root of the sacred tree still lives. Nourish it, that it may leaf and bloom and fill with singing birds.”
This is how we are going to feel grounded, like a tree planted in the earth. Stand up straight and close your eyes. Imagine your body is a tree. Send down roots into the soil, feel the sun shining from above. Feel your branches and leaves blowing in the wind. When we feel grounded, we feel secure in our environment; and when we feel secure, we are more likely to respond to a situation in a nonviolent way. Being grounded helps us contribute to peace, to a culture of nonviolence.
Today: I will nurture a plant or plant a seed in, and for, the earth. When I am in a confrontational situation, I will recall that sense of being grounded and respond in a nonviolent way.
● Kebba Buckley Button is the author of the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition). Keep this book with you constantly, to quickly recharge your Peace Within, with quotes, photos, and poems that take you directly there! Kebba is a corporate stress management trainer, and she also has a holistic healing practice.
● Liked this blog? Why not buy Kebba’s books? Just click the links!
- Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition)( http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc )
- Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br).
● Enjoyed this post? Please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
● Your comments are welcome!
● Reach the writer at email@example.com .