© 2014 Kebba Buckley Button. World Rights Reserved.
Want peace? During the Season for NonViolence, we consider and exercise aspects of our beingness that help us BE the peace we want to see. Then our peace within multiplies all around us into a force of and for peacefulness. One of the negative human traits that generates the most conflicted thinking and conflicted interacting is resentment. And the most effective antidote for resentment is gratitude. When we are unhappy or frustrated with someone else’s choices, we feel resentment. And resentment can turn into anger, conflict, and violence. Resentment is the basis of racism and of religious hatred.
But if we focus on how grateful we are for our good and for the good of others, we cannot simultaneously be in resentment. Focusing on the good, and our gratitude for every positive thing and every positive happening, is the basis for joy. And joyful people emanate peacefulness. They BE the peace they want to see. Are you in?
Here is AGNT’s meditation for SNV Day 16:
DAY 16 Feb. 14: The thought for today is GRATITUDE. On her TV shows, Oprah Winfrey frequently promotes the daily practice of gratitude.
“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” -Melody Beattie
Today: I will list five things for which I am grateful and share these good things with another, then reflect on who and what made those experiences possible. I will write a “thank-you” note to someone who would least expect me to thank them. I’ll journal about my feelings with regard to this.
● Kebba Buckley Button is the author of the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition). It’s a book to keep with you constantly, to quickly recharge your Peace Within, with quotes, photos, and poems that take you directly there! Kebba is a corporate stress management trainer, and she also has a holistic healing practice.
● Liked this article? Why not buy Kebba’s books? Just click the links!
- Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition) (http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc)
- Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br).
● Enjoyed this post? Please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
● Please leave a comment!