© 2014 Kebba Buckley Button. World Rights Reserved.
Today, we consider FREEDOM. Sounds great, doesn’t it? Yet many have no idea just how free they are. What would complete freedom be? The opportunity to choose every moment? And actually, in this moment and every other, who chooses to put your right foot in front of your left? And then your left foot in front of your right? Yes, it’s you. You are always at choice, free to think as you like. And you must choose hundreds of tiny decisions every day. Watch your feet, to see what choices you have been making. Then listen to your words and watch your other actions. You got there by choice.
People have asked Nelson Mandela how he managed to not be bitter about his long, horrific prison stay. He replied that , as he stepped out of the prison, he knew he would never really be free unless he left any resentment behind. And so it is for us. What do you need to choose to leave behind, to truly be in freedom?
Here is AGNT’s meditation for SNV Day 18:
DAY 18 Feb. 16: The thought for today is FREEDOM. Civil Rights activist Diane Nash said, “Freedom, by definition, is people realizing that they are their own leaders.” Take a leadership role today in your own life. Find a way where you can express who you truly are.
“When people decide they want to be free, there is nothing that can stop them.”
-Bishop Desmond Tutu
“To be free is to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.”
Today: I’ll claim my definition of freedom. I’ll write a haiku poem about freedom.
● Kebba Buckley Button is the author of the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition). It’s a book to keep with you constantly, to quickly recharge your Peace Within, with quotes, photos, and poems that take you directly there! Kebba is a corporate stress management trainer, and she also has a holistic healing practice.
● Liked this article? Why not buy Kebba’s books? Just click the links!
- Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition) (http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc)
- Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br).
● Enjoyed this post? Please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
● Please leave a comment!