© 2014 Kebba Buckley Button. World Rights Reserved.
Accepting yourself as you are is a major step in getting to peace within. When we accept ourselves completely, we nurture our strong traits and build upon or work around our lesser traits. We groom in ways that make the most of our natural features, and we find work and fun that suit our personality and brain type. When we are deep in self-acceptance, then we are more likely to accept others. A way to move into acceptance of others, even the troubled and troubling, is to think of each person as a soul in a package. And by definition, each soul is doing its best in this Earthly experience. When we look beyond the grooming and the superficial behavior to see the soul within each person, we can move into acceptance.
“Acceptance is not love. You love a person because he or she has lovable traits, but you accept everybody just because they’re alive and human.”
– Albert Ellis
Here is AGNT’s meditation for SNV Day 19:
DAY 19 Feb. 17: The thought for today is ACCEPTANCE. “Resentment, fear, criticism and guilt cause more problems than anything else” says author Louise Hay. By choosing not to judge myself and see myself as unique, loving, capable and bright, and by accepting myself just as I am, I will be modeling nonviolence. Any time I can take down the walls of defense, I open myself up to a nonviolent way of living.
“Life has no other discipline to impose, if we would but realize it, than to accept life unquestioningly. Everything we shut our eyes to, everything we run away from, everything we deny, denigrate or despise, serves to defeat us in the end. What seems nasty, painful, evil, can become a source of beauty, joy and strength, if faced with an open mind. Every moment is a golden one for him who has the vision to recognize it as such.”
– Henry Miller
Today: As I reflect on what is difficult for me to accept – in myself, in other people, and in the state of the world – I’ll let go of any resistance or judgment, and allow myself to accept and acknowledge whatever I have been resisting.
● Kebba Buckley Button is the author of the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition). It’s a book to keep with you constantly, to quickly recharge your Peace Within, with quotes, photos, and poems that take you directly there! Kebba is a corporate stress management trainer, and she also has a holistic healing practice.
● Liked this article? Why not buy Kebba’s books? Just click the links!
- Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition) (http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc)
- Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br).
● Enjoyed this post? Please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
● Please leave a comment!