© 2014 Kebba Buckley Button. World Rights Reserved.
Today, we’re on Day 20 of the Association for Global New Thought (AGNT) Season for NonViolence (SNV). If you’re aching for more peace in the world, you may be surprised that most of this work begins within each individual. Within the SNV program of 64 days, we are often invited to rise to a gentler, more compassionate level within ourselves. This is one of those days, with the quality for today being self-forgiveness. Often, there are resentments we hold toward ourselves, for our perceived failings or imperfection. Our guilt toward ourselves for things we “should have handled better” in the past can be completely crippling, emotionally. Such an internal guilt burden can even contribute to conditions such as weight gain, fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. If your internal conversation is ever harsh, be honest with yourself, and forgive you. It’s the greatest gift you can gift yourself. Remember, we need to BE the peace we want to see. And BEing the peace feels good.
Try the AGNT meditation for today, below, and see if you don’t feel the world soften a bit. Try the exercise. Spend 20 minutes considering and writing. And please consider sending us comments on your results. Here is AGNT’s Day 20 meditation:
DAY 20 Feb. 18: The thought for today is SELF-FORGIVENESS. When I judge myself, I tend to believe that who I am is what I have done or not done, what I have or do not have. I know that who I am is greater than all these things. I am greater than any mistake I have ever made. When we get even the slightest glimpse of the unity of life, we realize that sitting in judgment of other people and countries and races, I’m training my mind to sit in judgment of myself. As I forgive others, I am teaching the mind to respond with forgiveness everywhere, even to the misdeeds and mistakes of my own past. Practicing self-forgiveness is a foundation for practicing nonviolence.
Today: I will write an apology letter to myself for anything I have done to myself that I wish I had not, or ways that I have disappointed myself and not fully lived up to my potential. I’ll mail the letter to myself and when it arrives, I will read it in a quiet place.
● Kebba Buckley Button is the author of the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition). It’s a book to keep with you constantly, to quickly recharge your Peace Within, with quotes, photos, and poems that take you directly there! Kebba is a corporate stress management trainer, and she also has a holistic healing practice.
● Liked this article? Why not buy Kebba’s books? Just click the links!
- Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition) (http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc)
- Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br).
● Enjoyed this post? Please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
● Please leave a comment!