© 2014 Kebba Buckley Button. World Rights Reserved.
Today, the 21st day of the Season for NonViolence, we consider inspiration. When you see or hear an idea that lifts your heart and moves you to take an action quickly, even passionately, that is inspiration. What inspires you? Do you have heroes? What about them inspires you? Are there famous people who have a trait you try to build up in yourself?
Have you seen a photo or video lately, perhaps sent by a friend, that made you laugh and think, “I need to…?” Did someone say something at a meeting that really moved you, and you just “had to write it down?” Have you been to a nursery or plant sale and seen a plant that really “spoke” to you, so you just had to take it home and create a space for it?
A few years ago, my husband and I went to a big home and hardware store, and my eyes were drawn to a group of potted pine trees. They were on sale, having not been purchased as live Christmas trees, and it was now after New Year’s. The trees were about my height, minus the height of their large pots. Something moved in me so strongly that I asked my husband if he would mind if we bought that tree and took it home. I was struck by inspiration and let that wisdom flow through me. Totally entranced by the perfect pine tree, I chose a place for it in my undeveloped yard. I then continued developing the areas, walls, décor, and plantings, until I had a beautiful Feng Shui Garden. The garden is now lush and dynamic, a place of joy, inspiration, and energizing. I meditate there often. I practice my photography there, and my garden photo collection is burgeoning. And the little tree is now about 25 feet tall. Where can inspiration take you?
Day 21 Feb. 19: The thought for today is INSPIRATION. There are many people who inspire us. Take a moment to reflect upon who inspires you and what characteristics you most admire in them. See the potential that is also within you and choose to cultivate these characteristics in your daily life.
“Cease trying to work everything out with your minds. It will get you nowhere. Live by intuition and inspiration and let your whole life BE Revelation.” –Eileen Caddy
Today: As I think of at least two people who exemplify the practice of nonviolence, I’ll acknowledge what it is I admire about them, what inspires me about them. I’ll practice these behaviors today so that other people may be inspired and I’ll share this insight with at least three other people.
● Kebba Buckley Button is the author of the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition). It’s a book to keep with you constantly, to quickly recharge your Peace Within, with quotes, photos, and poems that take you directly there! Kebba is a corporate stress management trainer, and she also has a holistic healing practice.
● Liked this article? Why not buy Kebba’s books? Just click the links!
- Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition) (http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc)
- Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br).
● Enjoyed this post? Please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
● Please leave a comment!