© 2014 Kebba Buckley Button. World Rights Reserved.
Today, the Association for Global New Thought (AGNT) is celebrating Day 27 of Season for NonViolence (SNV). Today, our theme is generosity. Many people see the word “generosity” and think, “[O]h no! They’re asking me to give money again, and my budget can’t be stretched any further!” But you can have a generous heart, and be generous with your kindness in every thought and action. Think of it this way: you have time, talent, and treasure, with which to be generous. You can serve on committees, give people rides to vote or attend church, provide some free computer debugging to an older neighbor, or collect clothing donations at that monthly meeting. Can’t lift much weight? Collect plastic bags and egg cartons for your food bank. Train your friends to bring them to you at church or at meetings. Drive the bags and cartons to your food bank, and they will use them to distribute the food. There are many ways to be generous.
Here is AGNT’s meditation for Day 27:
DAY 27 Feb. 25: The thought for today is GENEROSITY. Mother Teresa said, “There is a hidden poverty more pervasive than lack of money. It is the poverty of the heart.” Look at ways you can contribute to your family, friends and community through your generosity. You will see how your generous gift comes back to you.
The more generous you are today, the more generosity you will have tomorrow. The more love you give, the more loving you become. The more generous you become, the less need to defend what you have, the greater your capacity for nonviolence.
Today: I will find three ways to give generously of my time, talent and resources to others. I will create a ‘Gift Certificate’ for someone.
● Kebba Buckley Button is the author of the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition). It’s a book to keep with you constantly, to quickly recharge your Peace Within, with quotes, photos, and poems that take you directly there! Kebba is a corporate stress management trainer, and she also has a holistic healing practice.
● Liked this article? Why not buy Kebba’s books? Just click the links!
- Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition) (http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc)
- Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br).
● Enjoyed this post? Please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
● Please leave a comment!