© 2014 Kebba Buckley Button. World Rights Reserved.
Today we celebrate the 31st day of the Season for NonViolence, that 64-day period each year when we contemplate the qualities that help us BE the peace we want to see. Today we focus on PRAISE. We need to praise others, and each praise our Self, liberally and generously. And we need to praise the Divine for all the Go(o)d in our lives, right now and always. Perhaps you have seen the Prayer of St. Thérèse, written by Thérèse of Lisieux in the late 1800’s. Thérèse had followed her older sisters into the convent in Lisieux, France, and she lived a short yet intensely creative and loving life of devotion to God. Regrettably, Thérèse died at age 24 of tuberculosis. The final line of her most famous poem, in English translation, offers:
“Let this Presence settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us.”
― Thérèse de Lisieux
To BE the peace you want to see, remember to praise the Presence. Praise God. Praise the Living, Loving Spirit of All Life.
Here is AGNT’s contemplation for Day 31:
DAY 31 Mar. 1: The thought for today is PRAISE. Appreciation helps people to grow. Offer praise to the people you encounter today for their personal qualities, achievements or helpful service. Telling someone what you appreciate about them is paramount in nonviolent communication.
Praise is important for ourselves, too. Louise Hay says “Praise yourself as much as you can … The love in our lives begins with us … Loving yourself will help heal this planet.” Peace in our world begins with each and every one of us.
Today: I will give sincere praise to at least three people today for their personal qualities, achievements, or helpful service, and then to myself. I will journal about the experience and feelings of each encounter.
● Kebba Buckley Button is the author of the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition). It’s a book to keep with you constantly, to quickly recharge your Peace Within, with quotes, photos, and poems that take you directly there! Kebba is a corporate stress management trainer, and she also has a holistic healing practice.
● Liked this article? Why not buy Kebba’s books? Just click the links!
- Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition) (http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc)
- Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br).
● Enjoyed this post? Please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
● Please leave a comment!