© 2014 Kebba Buckley Button. World Rights Reserved.
Now, on the 32d day of the Season for NonViolence, we consider PATIENCE. There is a lot of folk wisdom about the virtue of patience. The Bible, King James Version, offers this in James 1:4:
“ But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.”
So if we are truly in patience, we have no anxiety and we want for nothing. We feel complete. We are at peace. We are patient. We are BEing the peace we want to see.
Here is AGNT’s contemplation for this day of the SNV:
DAY 32 Mar. 2: The thought for today is PATIENCE. According to farm activist Cesar Chavez,
“Nonviolence is not non-action… It is hard work…It is the patience to win.”
When your plans seem delayed, choose to be patient by recognizing ways you can constructively use this time to support your goal. By practicing patience we can respond rather than react, and by doing so, stay centered and at peace.
Patience and passion both come from a Latin word meaning to suffer or endure. Whenever we practice patience – cheerfully bearing with somebody who is irascible, or enduring discomfort rather than imposing it on others – we are embracing those principles and creating an opportunity to model nonviolence. There is only one way to create a nonviolent world, and that is by being nonviolent ourselves.
Today: I will look for opportunities to practice patience. In a situation where there is friction, rather than run away, I will move closer to the core of the conflict and look for a nonviolent solution.
● Kebba Buckley Button is the author of the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition). It’s a book to keep with you constantly, to quickly recharge your Peace Within, with quotes, photos, and poems that take you directly there! Kebba is a corporate stress management trainer, and she also has a holistic healing practice.
● Liked this article? Why not buy Kebba’s books? Just click the links!
- Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition) (http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc)
- Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br).
● Enjoyed this post? Please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
● Please leave a comment!