© 2014 Kebba Buckley Button. World Rights Reserved.
Today, we are on the 33rd day of the Season for NonViolence, considering qualities that help us BE the peace we want to see. Today we consider ACKNOWLEDGEMENT. Acknowledgement grows our experience wherever we focus it. When we acknowledge our personal faults, it helps us to clear them. When we acknowledge our strengths, it helps us to take those to new levels. When we acknowledge loved ones, acquaintances, or colleagues, even silently, we illuminate and strengthen those relationships.
“Appreciation is the highest form of prayer, for it acknowledges the presence of good wherever you shine the light of your thankful thoughts.”
And when we acknowledge the Divine, we take our relationship with God to new levels. We open our hearts more to the activity of the Divine Power and Presence in our lives.
“In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.”
–Proverbs 3:6, NRSV
Here is AGNT’s contemplation for this day:
DAY 33 Mar. 3: The thought for today is ACKNOWLEDGMENT. Acknowledgement helps us see the oneness of all life, that we are part of a greater purpose, and by doing so, elevate our awareness of nonviolence. When I acknowledge someone, how could I possibly do harm toward them? When I tell someone what a difference he or she has made in my life and acknowledge that person for being there for me, I am affirming our connectedness.
1. a. To admit the existence, reality, or truth of.
b. To recognize as being valid or having force or power.
2. a. To express recognition of: acknowledge a friend’s smile.
b. To express thanks or gratitude for. ”
-The American Heritage® Dictionary
Today: In each of the four meanings quoted above, I will take time to acknowledge each person I meet or see today – including myself – in the spirit of ahimsa and forgiveness. I will take time today to acknowledge the realm of nature, the community of life on Earth, and the Earth itself.
● Kebba Buckley Button is the author of the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition). It’s a book to keep with you constantly, to quickly recharge your Peace Within, with quotes, photos, and poems that take you directly there! Kebba is a corporate stress management trainer, and she also has a holistic healing practice.
● Liked this article? Why not buy Kebba’s books? Just click the links!
- Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition) (http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc)
- Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br).
● Enjoyed this post? Please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
● Please leave a comment!