© 2014 Kebba Buckley Button. World Rights Reserved.
On this 39th day of the Season for NonViolence (SNV), we consider the quality of DIALOGUE. Whenever and wherever there is conflict, each side generally expresses what they think, feel, and want. However, for anything meaningful to come out of that expression, the other side needs to be listening and responding. Also, if each side goes in prepared to possibly relax their position a little, the chances of resolution are greater.
“Two monologues do not make a dialogue.”
“The reality today is that we are all interdependent and have to co-exist on this small planet. Therefore, the only sensible and intelligent way of resolving differences and clashes of interests, whether between individuals or nations, is through dialogue.”
— The Dalai Lama
Here is the AGNT contemplation for this day:
DAY 39 Mar. 9: The thought for today is DIALOGUE. Marianne Williamson describes a healthy society as one in which “those who disagree can do so with honor and respect for other people’s opinions, and an appreciation for our shared humanity.”
We might not always agree with other people, but when we really listen to what they have to say we are having a dialogue. We never argue in a dialogue. We say what we think and then we listen to the other person so we can understand what they think and learn from them.
When we engage in dialogue, we seek not to prove we are right, or that the other person is wrong, but to state clearly – from a place of ahimsa and truth force – what we believe to be true. We listen deeply so as to be able to understand the perspectives of those who do not appear to share our understanding.
Today: I will speak my truth quietly and clearly, and not enter into the spirit of argument. I will listen with an open heart, with compassion, to the truth as perceived by others.
● Kebba Buckley Button is the author of the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition). It’s a book to keep with you constantly, to quickly recharge your Peace Within, with quotes, photos, and poems that take you directly there! Kebba is a corporate stress management trainer, and she also has a holistic healing practice.
● Liked this article? Why not buy Kebba’s books? Just click the links!
- Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition) (http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc)
- Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br).
● Enjoyed this post? Please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
● Please leave a comment!