© 2014 Kebba Buckley Button. World Rights Reserved.
There are many ways we can participate in peace ministry. Recently, I had an extraordinary Today, you can help build world peace with your OPENNESS. How open or closed is your life? How open or closed is your consciousness? Today, we are invited to consider opening our boundaries to one new idea or person, and to experience growth with the experience. Consider driving a new route between errands, donating to a nonprofit you haven’t helped before, or listening to a neighbor’s story until you know their heart more. Five or 10 minutes of OPENNESS can create a great shift. Now that we are about two-thirds of the way through AGNT’s Season for NonViolence (SNV), we have seen repeatedly that each of us can make small shifts, to help build a peaceful world. That is why each of us, as Peaceful People, are important to the creation of a pervasive and sustainable peace in this world.
Here is AGNT’s meditation for Day 41:
DAY 41 Mar. 11: The thought for today is OPENNESS. A Turkish proverb says, “he who builds himself a fence, fences out more than he fences in.” If you don’t listen to someone because they look different or have different ideas than you, you’re building a fence around yourself and you’re missing out on having a new friend and learning something new. When we refrain from acting on a negative emotion or selfish desire, we stop building the fence around our life – we can open our life up to others. When we can be open to the opportunity for growth, we can use this as a way to find nonviolent ways to resolve differences.
Today: I will be open to understanding ideas and people that I have previously opposed. I will find somebody who I never wanted to talk to before and find a way to have a conversation with him or her.
● Kebba Buckley Button is the author of the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition). It’s a book to keep with you constantly, to quickly recharge your Peace Within, with quotes, photos, and poems that take you directly there! Kebba is a corporate stress management trainer, and she also has a holistic healing practice.
● Liked this article? Why not buy Kebba’s books? Just click the links!
- Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition) (http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc)
- Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br).
● Enjoyed this post? Please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.