© 2014 Kebba Buckley Button. World Rights Reserved.
Part of the process of building peace for our planet lies within the process of each heart. Each of us must be honest with ourselves about just how much violence is in our thoughts, our feelings, and our conversation. We must be ACCOUNTABLE, to ourselves, at least.
Recently, many reality-TV shows have been using violent language; apparently the f-word, clearly spoken but bleeped over, is believed to sell far more than clean and kind language. But how would you feel if you literally never used a violent word? When you are angry, for however good a reason, what words fly to your mind? What if you spoke only the gentle versions of the phrases your angry emotions suggest? What if you left the d-word, the f-word, and the sh-word, to name only three, out of your vocabulary altogether? If you must shout at someone to “get your a– over here”, you can rephrase to “get over here” or even “would you come over here for a minute?” Be honest: would you have fewer conflicts if you always spoke pleasantly and nonviolently? There are always nonviolent options.
Here is AGNT’s meditation for Day 42 of the Season for NonViolence (SNV):
DAY 42 Mar. 12: The thought for today is ACCOUNTABILITY. In conflicting situations, personal accountability allows me to take responsibility for how I contribute to a conflict. I can then make a different choice that can lead to a peaceful resolution.
Today: I will be accountable for my words today. I will make a list of the thoughts I think and the words I speak that are violent. Every time I become aware of my violent thoughts or words, I will say to myself “delete” and start again.
● Kebba Buckley Button is the author of the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition). It’s a book to keep with you constantly, to quickly recharge your Peace Within, with quotes, photos, and poems that take you directly there! Kebba is a corporate stress management trainer, and she also has a holistic healing practice.
● Liked this article? Why not buy Kebba’s books? Just click the links!
- Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition) (http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc)
- Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br).
● Enjoyed this post? Please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
● Please leave a comment!