© 2014 Kebba Buckley Button. World Rights Reserved.
Today, we are invited by AGNT to consider ADVOCACY. Is there an injustice in the world that lights a fire in you? If there is, you are probably already working on advocating for the correction of that injustice. If there is not a key issue on your heart, are you wanting to take steps toward peacemaking? Are you looking for an advocacy direction?
Try this exercise: Go to your meditation spot, with paper and pen, and relax. Now do your best to imagine your obituary. Seriously! When you have died, what will be said about you? Write down whatever comes to you. I was surprised, when writing mine, to discover it said I had helped , with my writings, to build an end to world hunger. That was a turning point for me. I was called to food ministry. Give this exercise 10 minutes, and see where it takes you. You may find your advocacy.
Here is AGNT’s contemplation for this day:
DAY 51 Mar. 21: The thought for today is ADVOCACY. “When someone stands up to violence” says Buddhist teacher Thich Nhat Hanh, “a force for change is released. Every action for peace requires someone to exhibit the courage to challenge violence and inspire love.” Thich Nhat Hanh’s life is about nonviolence, and ours can be too.
When we choose to be an advocate for nonviolence and decide right now that we will be the one to stop the violence, we release peace into the world.
Today: I will be an ally. Without blaming or judging others, I will listen from my heart, and speak out with love for those who are disrespected, abused or not listened to. I will find out how I can be an advocate in current conflicts.
● Kebba Buckley Button is the author of the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition). It’s a book to keep with you constantly, to quickly recharge your Peace Within, with quotes, photos, and poems that take you directly there! Kebba is a corporate stress management trainer, and she also has a holistic healing practice.
● Liked this article? Why not buy Kebba’s books? Just click the links!
- Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition) (http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc)
- Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br).
● Enjoyed this post? Please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
● Please leave a comment!