© 2014 Kebba Buckley Button, MS, OM. World Rights Reserved.
On this 59th day of the Season for NonViolence, we turn our attention to the idea of INTERVENTION. Perhaps you know someone who is in the throes of an addiction and either does not think they are addicted, or could use some support in getting help.
“If you are headed in the wrong direction, God allows U-turns.”
Today, many resources are available online, for all kinds of addictions. You don’t have to solve someone’s addiction issues yourself. But you can share a weblink, a flier, or a book with them. If you share that addiction but have mainly beaten it, why not invite this acquaintance to your AA meeting or other support group? Is it time for you to take steps to make a difference for this person?
Here is AGNT’s contemplation for this day:
DAY 59 Mar. 29: The thought for today is INTERVENTION. Alcohol and drug abuse is both a consequence of, and a cause of, violence. You can make a difference in someone’s life through intervention.
Today: I will have the courage to intervene in a caring way with someone who is using alcohol or drugs. Through my honest, straightforward, and nonviolent communication, I will encourage them to get educated, get help, get sober and free from substances.
● Kebba Buckley Button is the author of the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition). It’s a book to keep with you constantly, to quickly recharge your Peace Within, with quotes, photos, and poems that take you directly there! Kebba is a corporate stress management trainer, and she also has a holistic healing practice.
● Liked this article? Why not buy Kebba’s books? Just click the links!
- Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition) (http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc)
- Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br).
● Enjoyed this post? Please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
● Please leave a comment!