© 2014 Kebba Buckley Button, MS, OM. World Rights Reserved.
Today, you can help build World Peace by WITNESSING and writing an email. Is there any unjust matter in your community that disturbs you? Something that has been on your heart? Perhaps recent school shootings have made you think that gun control laws need some refining? Perhaps Italy’s announcement of a decision to re-try Amanda Knox made you think you would like to say something to the US State Department? Would you consider writing one email?
Now you can go to http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml and simply click on your state and get information on your congressman, your senator, or federal agencies like the State Department. Each office has staff designated to respond to inquiries from voters. On that same website, if you want to reach your local government, enter your target, such as “Phoenix Mayor”, and hit <enter>. You will taken promptly to a City of Phoenix website showing you the email address to reach the Mayor.
So why not email your message today? WITNESS that need. Take a small step. Or more. Are you in? Now here is AGNT’s contemplation for SNV Day 60:
DAY 60 Mar. 30: The thought for today is WITNESSING.
“We are each other’s bond.”
— poet Gwendolyn Brooks
Those who practice nonviolence cannot close their eyes to injustice or cruelty. We are here to be a witness for justice and compassion. Those who practice nonviolence look at injustice or cruelty and know that it is possible for the situation to be different. You can stand up for truth by your presence, your words and your actions, and by doing so, make a difference.
Today: When I see injustice, I will say or take action to bring about a peaceful change. I will write down my thoughts about the action I took, and share this with another person.
● Kebba Buckley Button is the author of the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition). It’s a book to keep with you constantly, to quickly recharge your Peace Within, with quotes, photos, and poems that take you directly there! Kebba is a corporate stress management trainer, and she also has a holistic healing practice.
● Liked this article? Why not buy Kebba’s books? Just click the links!
- Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition) (http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc)
- Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br).
● Enjoyed this post? Please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
● Please leave a comment!