© 2014 Kebba Buckley Button, MS, OM. World Rights Reserved.
Today, we are almost at the end of the 17th annual Association for Global New Thought (AGNT) Season for NonViolence. For each of the 64 days since the anniversary of the passing of Mahatma Gandhi, we have been considering a quality or concept that will help each of us to move further into nonviolence. We complete this year’s cycle on April 4th, the anniversary of the death of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Today, if 1 billion people made a simple move further into nonviolence, can you imagine the shift for the Globe? During this SNV, you have probably been thinking, “[S]o what’s my role?” And “[H]ow could I, one person, make a difference toward World Peace?”
It’s time to get out your journal and ask your heart those very questions. Then see what you write. If you are just starting to read this article series, you may wish to glance through the other articles (https://peacefulpeople.wordpress.com) and let them give you simple ideas and easy steps to take. Every little bit helps. As you journal today, ask yourself what your COMMITMENT can be. Start small, and make your COMMITMENT in your journal and your heart. Begin to practice your new COMMITMENT. You can always get out your journal, consult your heart, and step up to more, or to different efforts.
Consider now AGNT’s contemplation for Day 62:
DAY 62 Apr. 1: The thought for today is COMMITMENT. Until one is committed there is hesitancy, a chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative and creation, there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment that one definitely commits oneself, then Providence moves, too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one’s favor all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings and material assistance, which no man could have dreamed would come his way.
“Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it! Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!”
And so it is with nonviolence. We set forth a COMMITMENT to nonviolence with an intention that we can act upon today. By doing so, we are presented with situations and circumstances that will allow us to model our COMMITMENT, to bring nonviolence to a situation.
Today: I will identify what I am willing to do as a consequence of my COMMITMENT to nonviolence. I will clarify and affirm my personal COMMITMENT to nonviolence by sharing it with at least two people.
● Kebba Buckley Button is the author of the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition) (http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc). It’s a book to keep with you constantly, to quickly recharge your Peace Within, with quotes, photos, and poems that take you directly there! Kebba is a corporate stress management trainer, and she also has a holistic healing practice.
● Liked this article? You can buy Kebba’s books: just click the links!
- Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition) (http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc)
- Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br).
● Enjoyed this post? Please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
● Please leave a comment!