© 2014 Kebba Buckley Button, MS, OM. World Rights Reserved.
Today, you can help build a nonviolent world by taken some small ACTION. Change is cumulative, and a small thing you do will have at least a small effect on others. For example, what if a person stopped swearing and expressing angry thoughts? People would relax around that person more, use cleaner language, and express less anger. If you are trying to create a new project, at least you can research the steps and resources you will need. Take a small ACTION each day, and you may be surprised at the cumulative results in a month. Remember the traditional French saying (translated): “After all, Rome wasn’t built in a day.” Another concept that many have used indifferent forms is:
Anyone who thinks an individual cannot make a difference has never been to bed with a mosquito.
–Golda Meir (and variations attributed to others)
Here is AGNT’s meditation for Day 53:
DAY 53 Mar. 23: The thought for today is ACTION.
“Each of us can work to change a small portion of events and in the total of all those acts will be written the history of this generation.”
Imagine what actions Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Jr. and Robert Kennedy would be taking if they were among us today. Truly nonviolent action is centered in love and compassion. Actions speak louder than words, it is said, yet it is not so much loudness as clarity and truth that matters; a gentle action can be far more powerful than a forceful one. So, too, the smallest actions – those closest to home – can be more meaningful than those expressed from a distance.
Today: I will explore actions from the heart I can take today to express my commitment to peace and nonviolence – in both my personal life and in the public domain. I will find a way to make one small change that will contribute to the well being of my home, school, workplace or community.
● Kebba Buckley Button is the author of the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition). It’s a book to keep with you constantly, to quickly recharge your Peace Within, with quotes, photos, and poems that take you directly there! Kebba is a corporate stress management trainer, and she also has a holistic healing practice.
● Liked this article? Why not buy Kebba’s books? Just click the links!
- Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition) (http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc)
- Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br).
● Enjoyed this post? Please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
● Please leave a comment!