© 2014 Kebba Buckley Button. World Rights Reserved.
So how can we express nonviolence toward the Planet as a physical place? Today we are invited to consider ECOLOGY, the study of the interaction of biosystems on this Planet. More broadly, ECOLOGY refers to minding the environmental balance, within us and around us. Managing our resources wisely has benefits within our household health and budget, and managing global resources wisely has benefits in the global community.
Our Planet will be healthiest with low use of natural resources and high efficiency in the use and recycling of all resources. Are you already using the least and recycling the most? Then you’ll love AGNT’s meditation for Day 48:
DAY 48 Mar. 18: The thought for today is ECOLOGY. Gandhi said,
To forget how to dig the earth and tend the soil is to forget ourselves.
Individuals like you and me who make the final decisions about what is bought and sold in the stores, how much carbon dioxide is pumped into the atmosphere, and what is dumped into the sea. Each of us can begin to heal the environment right away by changing our daily habits.
And what about our internal environment, which is as real as the one we see around us? This internal environment has a powerful effect on the external environment: the way we think affects the way we treat the earth. When we purify this inner environment, we are not only making ourselves more secure and fulfilled, but we are also making an important contribution to the health of Mother Earth. Nonviolence extends from ourselves, not just to our brothers and sisters, but to the earth as well.
Today: I will practice recycling by using at least one recycled product and by recycling a product. I will reduce, reuse and recycle the products I use.
● Kebba Buckley Button is the author of the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition). It’s a book to keep with you constantly, to quickly recharge your Peace Within, with quotes, photos, and poems that take you directly there! Kebba is a corporate stress management trainer, and she also has a holistic healing practice.
● Liked this article? Why not buy Kebba’s books? Just click the links!
- Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition) (http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc)
- Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br).
● Enjoyed this post? Please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
● Please leave a comment!