© 2014 Kebba Buckley Button, MS, OM. World Rights Reserved.
Today, you can help build a peaceful world by GIVING, even a little. Sound interesting? Oh, and get out your journal and pen (or laptop, or iPad) now. In case you are just joining this series, we are celebrating the themes of the Season for NonViolence, or SNV, a program created by the Association for Global New Thought (AGNT) 17 years ago. There is a different theme, thought, or key word to ponder or meditate with each day, and possibly act upon, if you are so moved. Most peace building has nothing whatever to do with making signs and joining a march or taking a bus to Washington. Most is about changing our inner selves so that we reflect differently as we look at others. Then we can BE the peace we want to see. Our actions and the World will change as we change.
So to what and whom are you currently GIVING? Where do your time and attention go? Where do you give your love? Where does your money go? Take a few minutes and journal about where you put your energy and other resources. Now ask yourself which areas you feel great about, which you think are a waste for you, and which you would like to give more to, in some way. You can change your answers from year to year and month to month. So you may want to come back to this contemplation every month for a while. And remember, as we change, the World changes a bit.
Now you are ready for AGNT’s contemplation for Day 54:
DAY 54 Mar. 24: The thought for today is GIVING. Practice generously giving by sharing time, talent, energy and material resources with others. Whatever you give, do it without thinking of getting anything in return. Do it as a service, not reluctantly, but with joy. That is a real gift.
Whatever you give, be sure it is from the heart:
“Not in what we give, but what we share,
For the gift without the giver is bare.”
–Poet James Russell Lowell
Today: I will clean out my closet, bureau drawers, or garage and give away things I’m not using. I will give my time to a volunteer organization and my financial resources to a cause that supports and practices nonviolence.
● Kebba Buckley Button is the author of the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition). It’s a book to keep with you constantly, to quickly recharge your Peace Within, with quotes, photos, and poems that take you directly there! Kebba is a corporate stress management trainer, and she also has a holistic healing practice.
● Liked this article? Why not buy Kebba’s books? Just click the links!
- Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition) (http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc)
- Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br).
● Enjoyed this post? Please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
● Please leave a comment!