© 2014 Kebba Buckley Button. World Rights Reserved.
In case you are just joining us in this series of articles, you’ll want to know the context. We are now in the Season for NonViolence, the 17th year. The Season was created by the Association for Global New Thought, or AGNT. This Season, or SNV, runs each year, from the anniversary of the death of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., to the anniversary of the death of Mahatma Gandhi, thus honoring two of the most prominent developers/promoters of nonviolent methods in the history of humankind. This makes the SNV 64 days long, from January 30th to April 4th. During the SNV, AGNT invites us to consider 64 qualities that contribute to nonviolent solutions and can ultimately lead us to a sustainable World Peace.
Today, we consider the quality of HONOR. When you are around certain people you admire, do you feel HONORED to be with them? Do they “shine like the Himalayas”? Do you HONOR them? Are there others you treat with HONOR? In your journal, jot down some thoughts that come to mind when you consider who inspires HONOR in you, and who(m) you would like to honor. In what ways could you honor them?
Here is AGNT’s contemplation for Day 49:
DAY 49 Mar. 19: The thought for today is HONOR.
“Those who are good and pure in conduct are honored wherever they go. The good shine like the Himalayas, whose peaks glisten above the rest of the world even when seen from a distance. “
People who are as described by Buddha, who work for the welfare of others, will be very deeply loved, respected and honored wherever they go. It is a simple law of human nature that we love the highest, that we emulate such people, and we want to lead the kind of life they lead. This is the saving grace of human nature: when we see someone who is patient, kind, forgiving, and forbearing, we recognize their nonviolent ways, because we too, have those qualities. As we honor them, we honor ourselves.
Today: A simple way to raise my awareness of honoring others is to do so at mealtime. Before each meal today, I will stop to think about all the people involved with the food I eat and I will silently say to them, “I honor you.” Likewise, I will bless and honor the earth for its abundance.
● Kebba Buckley Button is the author of the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition). It’s a book to keep with you constantly, to quickly recharge your Peace Within, with quotes, photos, and poems that take you directly there! Kebba is a corporate stress management trainer, and she also has a holistic healing practice.
● Liked this article? Why not buy Kebba’s books? Just click the links!
- Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition) (http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc)
- Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br).
● Enjoyed this post? Please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
● Please leave a comment!