© 2014 Kebba Buckley Button, MS, OM. World Rights Reserved.
Today, we are invited to consider the quality of personal PEACE. We need to nurture our PEACE within, in place of humoring negative thoughts or nurturing agitation. Have you ever noticed that you react differently to the same events, depending on whether you are very relaxed and feel loved, versus when you are tense and under pressure? If the dog chews up a favorite shoe of yours, under one set of conditions, you may laugh and find that cute. If you are loaded with tension, fear, or anger, the dog chewing up a favorite shoe may “cause you to blow up”. If you blow up, was it really the dog’s actions that caused you to react that way? No. It was about you.
So today, you can be a peacemaker by getting in touch with your PEACE within. Then your PEACE will multiply outwardly and help create World PEACE. This is why I wrote the book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (now in Second Edition, second printing, http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc). We must learn more and more to BE the peace we want to see.
Here, then, is AGNT’s meditation for Day 61 of the SNV:
DAY 61 Mar. 31: The thought for today is PEACE. “Practice watering seeds of joy and peace and not just seeds of anger and violence, and the elements of war in all of us will be transformed,” says Thich Nhat Hanh. You water seeds of anger and violence by deciding to stay angry and act violently. You water seeds of joy and peace by deciding to be peaceful, no matter what is happening to you. PEACE does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart, and then respond in a nonviolent way.
“Mankind must remember that peace is not God’s gift to his creatures; peace is our gift to each other.”
Today: I choose to meet each experience with an intention for peace. I will be aware of any feelings of anger or irritation and replace the feeling with calm. I envision any areas of unrest transformed into safe havens for all people. I see beyond conflict and discord to the truth: peace is everywhere present and active.
● Kebba Buckley Button is the author of the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition, second printing)(http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc) . It’s a book to keep with you constantly, to quickly recharge your Peace Within, with quotes, photos, and poems that take you directly there! Kebba is a corporate stress management trainer, and she also has a holistic healing practice.
● Liked this article? You can buy Kebba’s books! Just click the links:
- Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition) (http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc)
- Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br).
● Enjoyed this post? Please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
● Please leave a comment!