© 2014 Kebba Buckley Button. World Rights Reserved.
It has been said that “love is the answer, whatever the question”. Add love to solve stress, tensions, and conflicts. Today, on the 34th day of the Season for NonViolence (SNV), the trait we focus on is LOVE. Paul, in his letter to the Corinthians, was comparing the finest traits a person can have. He summarized:
“And now abide faith,
hope, love, these three;
but the greatest of these is love.”
–1 Cor 13:13 (NKJV)
Here is AGNT’s contemplation for this day:
DAY 34 Mar. 4: The thought for today is LOVE. Gandhi wrote,
“Nonviolence is based on the assumption that human nature … unfailingly responds to the advances of love.”
All the great texts encourage us to “love your enemy.” The ancients understood that this is where the creative energy comes from. An enemy does not have to be life-threatening or violent; an enemy can just be a thought that gets us to look at something in a different way. Consider the power of befriending someone you previously thought was an “enemy”. In a conflict, rather than putting your energy toward winning, see what channeling that energy toward a loving, nonviolent solution can accomplish.
Today: I will focus on what I can find to love in the person I like the least. As I meet people during the day, I will reflect on how love can enhance the relationship.
● Kebba Buckley Button is the author of the 2013 book, Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition). It’s a book to keep with you constantly, to quickly recharge your Peace Within, with quotes, photos, and poems that take you directly there! Kebba is a corporate stress management trainer, and she also has a holistic healing practice.
● Liked this article? Why not buy Kebba’s books? Just click the links!
- Peace Within: Your Peaceful Inner Core (Second Edition) (http://tinyurl.com/mqg3uvc)
- Discover The Secret Energized You (http://tinyurl.com/b44v3br).
● Enjoyed this post? Please click “like” in the FB widget in the right hand column! You’ll have our undying gratitude plus a huge rise in your Good Karma.
● Please leave a comment!